Are you looking for a family mediator to help with conflict other than divorce, or with making important decisions together?
If so, serving as your mediator, I can help you have the conversations needed to resolve the issues. The things I can help with as a mediator include:
- Premarital (prenuptial) agreements
- New agreements during your marriage to help improve and preserve it
- Separation agreements (living arrangements, co-parenting, support)
- Property settlement agreements
- Spousal support (alimony) agreements – both interim (during separation) and longer term (e.g. post-divorce)
- Parenting agreements and parenting plans
- Child-support agreements
- Changes to any of the above when the original agreement is not working optimally
- Domestic relations orders, including QDROs (Qualified Domestic Relations Orders) needed for the allocation between divorcing spouses of retirement accounts, benefits, and pensions, such as civilian public employee pensions, e.g.
- Private company 401(k) plans and traditional defined-benefit pensions.
- Public-school or nonprofit organization 403(b) plans
- State and local government 457(b) plans
- Federal retirement plans, including basic federal retirement benefits under the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) and Thrift Savings Plans (TSP)
- Agreements needed for the allocation between divorcing spouses of Military Retired Pay, including Survivor Benefit Plans (SBPs)
As a mediator, I aim to provide a comfortable, neutral space in which people with disagreements or challenging problems to solve can have the discussions that are needed to find a solution that meets the most important needs of everyone involved. Call me for a free exploratory conversation.
Mediation From The Heart® (my philosophy and approach to mediation) focuses on helping people make well-informed, non-pressured decisions about the things that matter to them. When disagreements or complicated family challenges are framed as a shared problem to be solved, much more creativity is possible and much less acrimony fills the room.
Please call me or click here to discuss the possibilities.